Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Planners-UNITE

We are sadly on the downside of summer and now is the time to prepare things for the Fall. I know that once school starts, I'm so hectic. There is my regular classroom duties plus my oldest is going into second grade so that means homework and practicing work with her.  Then my youngest being carted back and forth to daycare along with practice ABCs and 123s with her.  Oh then there are the wifely duties.....no not those, I mean cooking, cleaning, listening to my hubby's stories.  Did I mention I'm also getting my second Master's degree in administration?  Yes there's that homework oh and don't forget I want to lose weight and be healthy! So how do we squeeze all of this in? Get prepared and have a plan!

1. Every teacher is looking to lose wight and every year my co-teacher and I are always swapping diet tips.  So what really works? I LOVE 21 day fix by Beach Body. 



 No, I'm not a beachbody representative nor do I have one but I love this program.  I started it in April and lost 10lbs in the first round of the program.  This program works on portion control along with exercise.  There is a really easy way to get all the nutrients you need each day based on your weight without feeling hungry or unsatisfied.  I have been about the same size since my first child was born.  I may go up or down ten pounds but always the same pants size.  When I got pregnant with my second child, I only gained 11 pounds and quickly lost it, which still left me with the body I did not want. So the fact that with this program I dropped a pant size in 21 days was like a  miracle! The 21 day fix program is all over the internet with menus and you can even get the portion cups on Amazon.  For meal replacement shakes I go to Ideal Shape. These shakes are the best I have seen. Now, Beachbody does sell Shakeology but something in me refuses to pay $120/month for 30 servings of a shake.  Ideal Shape's shake is only $50 and curbs hunger for 3 hours.  I really liked it. So now that I am going back to work, I am back on 21 day fix and working to plan each meal so that I have healthy options! 



2. Balance is everything! Without balance and time management, everything falls apart.  As most women and mothers know, we carry the load of our families. Not because our husbands are not capable but because that's just what women do! So I work my team very carefully.  My school day starts at 8am, so I like to be at work by about 7:30. This gives me plenty of time to get my head in the game. I let my oldest daughter stay in my room in the morning so she can also relax and get ready for the day.  She is one of those kids that needs quiet think time before the day starts. During the day, I try to get everything done so that I do not take things home.  Unless I am taking on a special project I never take things home. Grading papers at home never happens despite my intentions so while my students are working independently and there are no questions, I get my other work done.  At the end of the day, I like to stay 30-45 minutes after school to set up for the next day.


After I leave school, I am done thinking about school....mostly. I do Edmodo with my students so if a student has a question regarding homework I am available to help answer their questions.  I go directly to pick my youngest and either head home or stop at the store if I need something for a project at school the next day or something for dinner.  Once we are home, I am at my second job. We run a pretty tight ship at home, first we come in and have a snack.  By 5pm, we are doing homework.  This year, I may allow my oldest to do homework in the classroom with me while I do my end of the day stuff. My husband gets off at 5:30 so while the girls are relaxing and doing homework I am cooking dinner.  Then we eat, baths by 6:45, calming show (mostly on Sprout) and my youngest is in bed by 7:30pm.  My oldest goes to bed about an hour later.

3. After bedtime, adults are free....sort of! My husband and I usually tag team dishes or relax with a show. Then we begin our homework stuff or enjoy hanging with each other.  As any teacher knows, bedtime during the school year is REALLY early, usually about 9:30 or 10 and then we start again!

My plan isn't perfect but it helps to stay organized ahead of time to get everything in one day.  The weekends are more hectic as my oldest plays violin and has lessons plus soccer and all of our errands, but it still gives us a chance to recharge and start again.

What is your routine? How do you get everything done in one day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment